Who is Stacey Fru?
Stacey is a fun-loving and bubbly young girl born on the 16th of February 2007 in Johannesburg. She is the second of four children and a self-acclaimed published South African Author. Stacey loves reading and this habit has shaped her into the youngest multiple award winning writer on the continent, if not internationally . Stacey wrote her first book ‘Smelly Cats’without her parents’ knowledge when she was 7 and it was published when she was 8. By the time her second book ‘Bob and the Snake’ was published, 9 year old Stacey was three times (multiple) Award Winner! ‘Smelly Cats’ is the 2016 NDA ‘Best ECD Publication 2015: Special Mention Category’, prize donated by UNICEF. Stacey won 2 awards ‘Young Leader 2016’ for her leading motivational and inspirational roles, and ‘Academic Achievements and Initiatives 2016’ for her writings at the East Wave Radio Nelson Mandela International Community Day Leadership Award. Young Stacey writes stories, essays, poems, speeches and attempts songs. She is a guitarist and a ballerina. Stacey is a motivational and inspirational speaker of choice for any crowd. Stacey has given public talks to diverse audiences in different occasions, the biggest group being over 800 Matric learners at the AngloGoldAshanti Career Expo 2015.
Multiple Awards Winning Stacey’s fingers do not seem to pause. She has published two chapter books. Her third book ‘Smelly Cats on Vacation’ will be published in 2017. Feed your curiosity now in this site …
Smelly Cats (Written at age 7)
Smelly Cats is about two cats who are cousins. It portrays the common challenges of different socio-religious and academic backgrounds as well as challenges posed by geographical locations to the two on a daily basis. Stacey’s book also depicts that even though the cats come from the same family, they are bound to have differences due to who they are. The constant fights are real reflections of daily lives. However just like in real life, fights are a vital spice of life that do not last forever. Want to know more? Check out her website to preorder copies of her book or call directly on +27 82 548 6385 for copies or www.staceyfru.co.za or https://www.facebook.com/staceyfru
Bob and the Snake (Written at age 7-8)
This book is about Bob, a boy who loves snakes with his whole heart. His birthday is coming up and he is super happy because he heard his parents talking that they may buy him a real snake for his birthday. Bob could not believe it when his parents went out of their way to organise his birthday party at a snake cave. His parents would never regret offering him a real snake because a few weeks later, Lob the snake was crown the City Hero for saving the family from thief who broke into their house while they were asleep.
Ironically, the snake is the same reason why Bob ran away from home for days. Bob’s parents were very unhappy after they found him, but he tried to make up and make peace. Things were alright again and during school holidays, the family decided to travel to America. The conclusion of this book by states that “no matter how much they try, children will always be naughty and parents will always be hard”. Do you want to know if Lob the snake was allowed in the plane or not? Would you want to find out how the story ended? I know … Please read the book. Look for a copy on www.staceyfru.co.za or https://www.facebook.com/staceyfru or call +27 82 548 6385
NO Postal charge when you buy over 2 copies within South Africa.
For Electronic Funds Transfers, Cash or Cheques deposits pay to;
Books: Smelly Cats and Bob and the Snake
Acct Holder: Stacey Fru
Number: 108 057 5898
Bank: Nedbank Norwood
Ref: Your name
Stacey is most likely the youngest multiple awards winning author in the world. By the time her second book was published, 9 year old Stacey was 3 times (multiple) Award Winner! ‘Smelly Cats’ is the 2016 NDA ‘Best ECD Publication 2015: Special Mention Category.’ Prize was donated by UNICEF. (Picture attached and to be polished)
Stacey won 2 awards ‘Young Leader 2016’ for her leading motivational and inspirational roles, and ‘Academic Achievements and Initiatives 2016’ for her writings at the East Wave Radio Nelson Mandela International Community Day Leadership Award. Say Bravo!!!!! ( two Picture attached and to be polished)
Media / newspapers
· Jozi FM (www.jozifm.co.za)
Voice of Tembisa
Apex Radio (America)
Alex FM Radio
East Wave Radio
Saturday Star, Link
North Eastern Tribune, link and
· Cape Times, link and
· Rising Sun, link http://risingsunlenasia.co.za/33410/nelson-mandela-leadership-awards/
· Wits University online Publication. Link
· SA Breaking News link
· he Big Issue Magazine’s Cape Town link
· All4Women Online Magazine link
· The University of South Africa (UNISA) link
· CCTV-Africa.com link:
· Stacey was featured in micampus online magazine link:
· Kids Books Withoutborders link : https://kidsbookswithoutborders.com/2016/10/19/meeting-stacey-fru/
· SABC 3, Expresso Show – Young Achiever: 9 Year Old Award Winning Author – Stacey Fru https://youtu.be/NCtS1_HkR-I
SABC3-FuN- Natix Show
· Stacey will be a guest speaker at the Wits International Language and Literacy Conference 2017.
· Stacey will be a guest speaker at Royalty Princess Camp on the 25th and 26th of February 2017.
· Stacey will be a Guest Speaker at NISAA Institute for Women’s Development 22nd Annual General Meeting on the 7th of December 2016.
· Stacey will be launching her 2nd book “Bob and the Snake on the 20th of November 2016 in Linksfield, Johannesburg
· Stacey will be giving a talk at “The Christian Women Entrepreneurs’ Network of Africa (CWENA) 4th Annual Business Inspirations Conference” on the 11th of November 2016
· Stacey will be a guest speaker at the Mvelaphanda Skills Development Training Centre on the 5th of November 2016
Campaigns driven by Stacey
- “2016 Safety and Security Campaign for Children by a Child,” scheduled for 28th November 2016 at 181 Corlett Drive in Bramley, Johannesburg.
- “A child A book” aimed at encouraging every African child to own and not just read a book.
· Stacey launched her 2nd book at Profound Conference Centre on the 18th of October 2016.
· Stacey was a guest speaker at Mohau Centre in Pretoria on the 24th of September 2016.
· Stacey launched her 2nd book on the 17th of September 2016 at Skoobs Books Theatre.
Write to Stacey
Stacey loves to work with you. Please contact us for any reason whatsoever.
Physical Address: 552 Louis Botha Avenue, Johannesburg, South Africa
Postal Address: PO Box 92176, Norwood, Johannesburg 2117
Phone: +27 82 548 6385
Research has shown that the single most important factor influencing a child’s success at school is the introduction to books.
Please give Stacey Fru a chance to change lives by fostering reading and literacy.
We thank you very much for taking time off your busy schedule to read this.
Your Name (required)